Saturday, May 29, 2010

Passages and Advances

We release with love Emerson Dale Kirkham and Joy Marsh Kirkham.
Joy, wife of Hugh P. Kirkham passed away in Price, Utah May 17, 2010. She leaves also six children, 21 grandchildren and a great-grandson. Her obit was carried in the Sun Advocate www.sunad.com Hugh and Joy's family were under the second pavilion at the reunion in Lehi. Perhaps you tasted the home brew root beer they had. Hugh is a grandson of James Mercer and Kate Woodhouse Kirkham and it was through 'cousin' parties I got to know my dad's and grandfather's Kirkhams. Hugh's father Elbert Charles and my grandfather James Arno were brothers.
Dale was represented at the reunion by his son and daughter-in-law Richard and Joyce Kirkham. A son of Hyrum Kirkham and Mabel Lenora Woolf, his Kirkham grandparents were George and Mary Russon.
Dale was one of the fourthers I have been grateful to get to know. When I visited his room on Thursday he was shedding this world where he has been loved deeply and slipping into his rest with those he loved deeply and has missed so keenly.

I try to keep aware of the many changes a family as ours experiences. We have the fortune of watching our children walk aisles of graduation ceremonies, and aisles of marriage ceremonies; not all events make it into news releases and I am not on everybody's guest list (which is not a hint) so I know there are passages and advances that I rely on others to inform. Rock J Kirkham has done just that this past week.

Rock and his brothers were before us in September to talk about Ann Jeatt Kirkham. They have been diligent in their search for more information on this ancestor, the mother of George (Wm) Kirkham.
Rock sent me an image copy of a 'family pedigree with details' page from the LDS Church New Family Search program showing Ann Jeatt with parents William and Mary, paternal grandparents, maternal grandmother and her parents. Additional generations are indicated.
This online resource is currently restricted to members of that church with membership number required to access it. I do not have such a number. I look forward to hearing more on this research and am glad to relay it. Rock tells me that the submitter is one Mike Kirkham whose research he has seen before. I send him my deep - and excited- appreciation for his research and sharing. I have also sent Rock my thanks.
Share your history. This was the thesis of a talk I heard a while back when I sat in on a Sacrament meeting at the Veterans' Nursing Home Branch. Sharing is our history, isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment