Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Next Generations

This photo of James Arno Kirkham, his sons Thad at the back and Kreg with his wife Gene Gudmundsen Kirkham is on the day of the larger gathering at JMK's home; because my dad, Jim is not in the picture I believe it is during the WWII period, when my father was in the Army. There was a year prior to his service that he worked on a ranch in southern Utah, as well.

James Arno- I understand he was mostly referred to as Arno, though my grandmother always called him Kirk- was sales rep for the Utah Farmer Magazine. He loved to sing and was associated with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as a singer as well as in their business department. After my grandparents retired to California he attended classes at a nearby college where he studied music, choral and sang in the school's choir. It was in Huntington Beach, California they were living when they passed away, JAK in 1975 and Gene in 1976. They are buried in the Lehi City Cemetery.

Their family, three sons were Jim with wife Joan Backman and seven children; Thad with wife Arlene Peterson and eight children and Kreg with wife Carolyn Thomsen and five children.

No comments:

Post a Comment